The Key to Unbreakable Cyber Security: NetSecurity’s ThreatResponder
In today’s digital age, network security is more important than ever. As technology advances, so do the methods that threat actors use to gain access to sensitive information. In this article, we will explore five of the most famous and successful ways that threat actors gain initial access to any network.
- Phishing: Phishing is one of the most common methods used by threat actors to gain access to a network. This tactic involves using email or social engineering to trick users into providing login credentials or clicking on a malicious link. Phishing emails often appear to be from a legitimate source, such as a bank or a well-known company. They may ask the recipient to update their account information or provide sensitive information, such as a password or a social security number. Once the threat actor has the login credentials, they can use them to gain access to the network.
- Vulnerabilities: Another way that threat actors gain access to a network is by exploiting known software vulnerabilities. Software developers often release updates and patches to fix these vulnerabilities, but not all users install them promptly. Threat actors use tools to scan networks for these vulnerabilities and exploit them to gain access to the network. In some cases, it is possible to use automated tools to find vulnerabilities on a network and exploit them without any human interaction.
- Password cracking: Password cracking is another popular method used by threat actors to gain access to a network. This tactic involves using automated tools to guess or crack login passwords. Threat actors use a variety of methods to crack passwords, including using a list of commonly used passwords, attempting to guess the password based on personal information about the user, or using a dictionary attack. Once the threat actor has cracked the password, they can use it to gain access to the network.
- Social engineering: Social engineering is another tactic used by threat actors to gain access to a network. This method involves using psychological manipulation to trick individuals into providing access to a network. Threat actors may use a variety of tactics, such as posing as a technical support representative, a government official, or a friend in order to trick the victim into providing login credentials or other sensitive information. Social engineering can be a very effective method of gaining access to a network, as it relies on human error rather than a technical vulnerability.
- Physical access: Finally, threat actors may gain access to a network through physical means. This can include stealing login credentials or planting malware on a device that is later connected to the network. Physical access can be gained through a variety of means, such as stealing a laptop or USB drive, or by gaining access to a building through deception or force. Once the threat actor has physical access to a device, they can install malware, steal login credentials, or otherwise gain access to the network.
Threat actors use a variety of methods to gain access to a network, including phishing, exploiting vulnerabilities, password cracking, social engineering and physical access. However, organizations can take steps to protect their networks and sensitive information by implementing the right security solutions.
ThreatResponder is a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art technology that utilizes machine learning to prevent cyber attacks on your organization. This cloud-native tool is an innovation from NetSecurity that can provide comprehensive protection against the various methods used by threat actors to gain access to your network. With ThreatResponder, organizations can proactively identify, detect and respond to cyber threats, in real-time, thus ensuring complete security.
ThreatResponder Platform is designed to provide organizations with a holistic approach to cybersecurity by integrating various security features like, Advanced threat detection, threat hunting, forensics, and vulnerabiltiy management. This will enable organizations to have a unified view of their security posture and respond to threats effectively.
In today’s constantly evolving cyber threat landscape, it is essential for organizations to have the right tools to protect their networks and sensitive information. NetSecurity’s ThreatResponder Platform is the only product that can secure your organization from cyber attacks and provide peace of mind. With ThreatResponder, organizations can rest assured that their networks are protected and their sensitive information is secure.
Want to try our ThreatResponder, cutting-edge Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), and ThreatResponder FORENSICS, the Swiss knife for forensic investigators in action? Click on the below button to request a free demo of our NetSecurity’s ThreatResponder platform.
The page’s content shall be deemed proprietary and privileged information of NETSECURITY CORPORATION. It shall be noted that NETSECURITY CORPORATION copyrights the contents of this page. Any violation/misuse/unauthorized use of this content “as is” or “modified” shall be considered illegal and subjected to articles and provisions that have been stipulated in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Personal Data Protection Law (PDPL).